Friday, November 13, 2009

peace.

Is there anything better than receiving a handwritten letter? I think the best way I've heard it described most recently is that it just "makes you feel all sparkley for the rest of the day."

I can't tell you how many times I have been complimented on my pretty notebooks and my pretty handwriting by people who take notes on laptops and text compulsively under their desks. There is nothing personal about a text; in fact, I think our generation has reached a pretty frightening threshold at which basic thought isn't even required for communication (if you would go so far as to call it communication.) Our thumbs are clicking away independent of our minds, and we push send before we've even thought it through. But when I imagine someone actually taking the time to sit, ponder what they intend to say, sip their wine, coffee, or tea, and write me a letter, well, it just makes me feel sparkley.

To the author of these little treasures which keep finding their way into my mailbox:


via freya @ etsy

1 comment: